Meet our Team
Ignacio Pelaez is an attorney with vast experience in business agreements, corporate and tax affairs. He has worked as a legal advisor in transactions of national and international relevance.
With an international vision, he advises national and foreign clients in structuring their wealth in a tax compliant and efficient matter.
Additionally, he has been a visiting professor at recognized universities in Colombia.
- Law Degree from Universidad del Rosario with emphasis y Contract Law in, Bogotá.
- Certificate in Contract Law from la Universidad del Rosario, Bogota.
- Certificate in Business Law from Universidad Javeriana, Bogota.
- Certificate in Tax Law from Universidad de los U Andes, Bogota.
Ana Cecilia Restrepo is experienced in dispute resolution and international tax.
She has advised clients in tax litigation, business dispute resolution and tax structuring for clients who have multiple tax residences and/or nationalities.
Given her vast experience in cross-border affairs, Ana is the head of the Team Expat Affairs. She is especially interested in helping her clients with the tax issues that may arise from having multiple citizenships, especially regarding the United States.
- Law Degree from Universidad del Rosario, Bogotá.
- Certificate in Tax Law from Universidad del Rosario, Bogotá.
- L.L.M in International Taxation from the University of Florida.
Joaquín is an associate lawyer for the Firm in the areas of civil, contractual, corporate & commercial, tax, private international law and litigation. He is a graduate of the Universidad del Rosario.
2018 – Lawyer internship at Sánchez y de la Coba Abogados SLP, Madrid, Spain.
He was a member of the Research Seedbed of International Economic Law and Global Governance of the Universidad del Rosario, in which he developed his degree project on International Tax Law “Evolution of double taxation agreements: A learning process for Colombia? ”.
- Graduated in Jurisprudence from the Universidad del Rosario, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Degree in Laws from the Carlos III University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
Ana María is an associate lawyer for the Firm in the civil, contractual, corporate, commercial, international, immigration, foreign exchange and litigation areas. She is a graduate from Eafit University.
2019 – Apprentice attorney at UNE EPM Telecomunicaciones S.A., Medellín, Colombia.
She was a member of the Eafit University’s Family Law Research Group and the criminal and constitutional study groups. Likewise, She developed his degree project on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights “SARS-CoV-2 and Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in Colombia: incidence of the implemented measures in the rights to health, water and work , as a result of the Economic, Social and Ecological Emergency, declared by Colombian government”.
- Graduated from the Eafit University’s Law program. Medellín, Colombia.
- Student of the Eafit University’s Public Law Specialization. Medellín, Colombia.
Diana is a paralegal for the Firm in the areas of contractual, corporate & commercial law, tax law, immigration law, and litigation. She is currently in the IX semester of jurisprudence at the Universidad del Rosario de Bogotá.
Diana supports the team in the preparation of research tasks for consulting and advising clients, analysis of current regulations and jurisprudence to give them the best legal experience.
First place in the “X NATIONAL RESEARCH SEEDS COMPETITION -” Interdisciplinary dialogues on justice problems in Colombia “with the presentation” Technological contribution to access to justice: a chatbot for the agency of legal needs “
- She is currently studying the IX semester of jurisprudence at the Universidad del Rosario de Bogotá.